Friday, March 25, 2011

The night before baby...

Well here I sit the night before the biggest change of my entire life is set to occur. Tomorrow morning around 10am, our baby is set to be delivered via Cesarean section.

I am nervous as shit.

I feel like I am on the eve of the most terrifying Christmas ever. I know that what happens tomorrow is going to be the most amazing and beautiful thing in the world. I know the person I meet for the first time tomorrow will be one of my greatest friends. I will stop at nothing to provide my child with everything that it needs.

I just hope I don't screw it up.

I realize this is a fear that every father goes through at some point (at least the good ones) and that my baby will be just fine, but I fear it none the less. I am currently watching a documentary called The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia and if these people can raise children then I'm pretty sure mine is going to be the next Einstein.

I will never let Tatertot quit, at anything. Its not something Langes do.

I will make sure Tatertot always knows love.

Never fears failure.

Is never afraid to speak their mind.

Knows right from wrong in EVERY situation and is not afraid to speak it, regardless of who is present.

Is respectful and gracious and strong and vicious...all at the appropriate times.

Tries new things.

Remembers old things.

Understand the importance of art.

Know that farts are always funny.

Love the Huskers and the Yankees.

Be indifferent yet opinionated about the rest.

Defend baseball as the greatest sport known to man.

Never let radio or tv tell you what is good to listen to and watch.

Hate reality tv. (Assuming Laura doesn't have influence...)

And a whole mess of other things that I guess I'm going to have to cross when they come up.

I will love my child no matter what, but will find this much less stressful if it is not a Republican. Of course by the time Tatertot is old enough to vote, the parties may have changed beliefs again.

I have told Laura several times that under Zombie attack I will be forced to save our baby and myself first and that she will have to keep up. She understands this and that is why I lover her so much.

I really hope this kid doesn't like cats...I KNOW this kid won't like cats, its a Lange.

No comments: