Saturday, November 8, 2008

Welcome to the Nate Lange Show!

Okay, so this is the first of hopefully many times I will be putting some stuff up here for you people to read. I don't know what the hell I am actually going to base any of this off of, but the way I figure, most of the people that come here are just looking for some classic stuff to come flying out of my classy mouth. You may not have heard from me for a while and I hope that you don't take that as a slight, frankly I may be the worst person in the world at keeping in contact with people, so don't make yourself so damn important, its not you its me.

To get things started in a good direction, I thought I would blog a bit about the recent election and how I feel about it. It should be obvious to many that I am absolutely thrilled that Barack Obama is the 44th President Elect of the United States of America! As I sat and watched the night unfold, I couldn't help but try to think back to the last time I really felt that proud to be an American. I suppose it was as a kid watching the astronauts go into space, and of course to see the outpouring of human kindness in the wake of the 9/11 tragedies, but as far as being proud that as a country we finally elected the right man for the job, it made me very happy. I hope and pray that the next four years will be the first steps in the right direction for our country as I feel we are on the edge of scary possibilities. Days later as I was watching the news and seeing the reactions all over the world to the many different countries and celebrations, I came to the realization that many Americans were not the only ones who had been waiting for our country to "do the right thing". This is one of the main reasons why I felt Obama was the right choice for this country. Let's face it, in the end they are all politicians and we can't really trust them farther than we can throw them; but in Obama I find a man that, while he may lack in years more than makes up for it in passion, intelligence and universal appeal. That last one will most obviously get some flack, but think about it for a second. The USA is look to by the rest of the world, at least prior to this election, as the big brother that could never live up to the hype. We would preach tolerance and understand and universal acceptance, but never would we actually back that up by passing certain laws, or electing certain officials. Now, the whole world see that man standing at the podium and they say to themselves, "If that man can lead the USA, maybe there is hope for the rest of us." I suppose we will see where it goes, but for now I am really excited.

Well, that's about all that I have for now, my blogging muscles are sore and I have to be up at 7am, which is rather early for me, so we are going to call this good. If anyone has any suggestions for topics, let them fly. I've always said "Give me a topic and I'll bitch about it for a solid 60 seconds". Trust me friends, that goes for almost any topic.

Later.

No comments: